November Trading

You have to be signed in to post in the forums.

Click here to sign in.

Haven't got an account yet? Click here to register - it's FREE!

Please share this page with the world
513 Posts
Anton Kreil posted this 26 November 2012 (Nov 26, 2012 11:46 PM).

Hi Bob, Whats the short in? 

1 Posts
Bob Pasani posted this 26 November 2012 (Nov 26, 2012 10:07 PM).

i've been running a short for the past month and been making money on it but im worried surely this rally is only a corrective rally. i want to add but im scared of losing my profits. what should i do? keep the faith?

fiscal cliff is gonna hit this market with some fundamental

513 Posts
Anton Kreil posted this 19 November 2012 (Nov 19, 2012 8:32 PM).

Hi Martin,

Yes thanks! its a classic. Very good TV !!! 

60 Posts
Martin Mcfarlane posted this 19 November 2012 (Nov 19, 2012 8:25 PM).

Wasn't sure where to post this but I came across this fascinating documentary today, I wanted to share called "The  Billion Dollar Day"  It was filmed by the BBC in 1985  and follows  Three FX traders, one each in New York, London and Hong Kong over a 24 hour period. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyiW52AUQLI&feature=relmfu

1 Posts
Julie Day posted this 10 November 2012 (Nov 10, 2012 9:34 PM).

Hi from the States., I'm really glad the Presidential election has come and gone and now it’s time to see what the markets are really made of. The day after the elections, the markets pulled back. We will have to wait and see if the move lower is the start of a new downward trend or simply a retracement to lower support levels. Therefore, I'm on a  neutral stance. This is what I'm looking at I currently have longs on Yahoo, QCOMM, SRE. This is some of the stocks I'm looking at to trade in the near future.

ADSK SHORT - Autdesk Incl (design and software) sector is computer and technolgy the company is fairly  valued compared to it's industry, sector and the S&P500.

Trigger Price 33.55 limit 33.45 target 30.25 

Technicals: The stock’s overall pattern is sideways, that is, it is trading nearly where it started out a year ago. Along the way, it tagged a 52-week high of $42.69 and a 52-week low of $27.70. During the last couple of months prices have been coiling about the 30-dma and are now at the apex of a wedge. The stock has overhead resistance at the mid $33.00 level. Therefore, I;m looking for the stock to move up to this level for my fill price. If it fails to move higher then I'll reexamine the stock and entry price. The lower indicators are still revealing buying pressure so we could see a move up to resistance where I will look for resistance to hold and the stock to roll lower.

Long Stocks watching: BEAV, HOLI, NUS, and CEVA.
Short Stocks  watching: OXY, NTAP, BBY, and MOS.

2 Posts
Michael Taylor posted this 07 November 2012 (Nov 7, 2012 10:17 PM).

market is collapsing stocks are going down bigtime and about time

its totally ridiculous this stock rally all Bernanke induced and nothing fundamental

all im all in short today. sovereign debt crisis and fiscal cliff not remotely priced into the markets

60 Posts
Martin Mcfarlane posted this 07 November 2012 (Nov 7, 2012 2:03 PM).

Updated Fisical Cliff Flow Chart Attached  

60 Posts
Martin Mcfarlane posted this 06 November 2012 (Nov 6, 2012 9:37 PM).

RE- US Presidential Election:

Today’s market action feels like people are worried about missing out on some over night rally, I don’t think  it  makes that much of a difference short term, to the markets, who wins. Tomorrows Greek vote, Thursdays ECB press conference and Chinese Communist Party Congress are all probably more important events happening this week.

513 Posts
Anton Kreil posted this 06 November 2012 (Nov 6, 2012 4:23 PM).

Just bought half a position in $Z - Zillow 

Stock is down 20% on inline numbers and is down basically because of an acquisition. Retail puking their longs in the market at the moment. Provides a good opportunity to play the U.S. Housing market recovery and online advertising switch. Will add when stock bases and can find a suitable hedge. Too good an opportunity to not bit at least something off here. 

27 Posts
colin blake posted this 06 November 2012 (Nov 6, 2012 3:24 PM).

US Presidential Election:

From what I can read into the markets I would say an Obama victory is already priced into markets, but there is talk of a possible spike in the US markets should Romney prove the winner. With this in mind, if Romney does secure the White House, which US sectors/stocks are most likely to benefit from a possible short term spike?

You have to be signed in to post in the forums.

Click here to sign in.

Haven't got an account yet? Click here to register - it's FREE!