APPL

You have to be signed in to post in the forums.

Click here to sign in.

Haven't got an account yet? Click here to register - it's FREE!

Please share this page with the world
513 Posts
Anton Kreil posted this 27 November 2012 (Nov 27, 2012 9:33 AM).

AAPL short interest days to cover is 1 day. No-one in the market is short. Infact everyone is long and looking for a reason for it go up. Namely "Everyone is Short" - Fact is they are not.

http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/aapl/short-interest 

A bit of elliot wave theory, gauging some twitter sentiment and using AAPL as a proxy for the S&P500 isnt idea generation.  

4 Posts
william ericksen posted this 27 November 2012 (Nov 27, 2012 7:21 AM).

Are there any fellow traders out there who are short Apple please?

27 Posts
colin blake posted this 06 November 2012 (Nov 6, 2012 10:13 AM).

Apple's tablet market share drops to 50 per cent.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/9657765/Apples-tablet-market-share-drops-to-50-per-cent.html

27 Posts
colin blake posted this 05 November 2012 (Nov 5, 2012 8:11 PM).

iPhone owner loyalty declines for first time

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/9655934/iPhone-owner-loyalty-declines-for-first-time.html

Just can't get excited about Apple at all, everyone wants out, the growth story has ended (at least for the time being), so huge selling pressure over a long period of time until everyone who wants out is out, could take a while!

513 Posts
Anton Kreil posted this 05 November 2012 (Nov 5, 2012 6:45 PM).

Cheap for a reason

2 Posts
laurence c schongar posted this 01 November 2012 (Nov 1, 2012 5:58 PM).

does anyone have any new views on apple? I am looking to buy some here, they are cheap at this level

thanks laurence schongar.

1 Posts
Martín Bel posted this 18 October 2012 (Oct 18, 2012 4:57 AM).

With data from 2008-2012, APPLE gives me the following results. High volatility, well paid.      µ monthly return σ  µ/σ AAPL  2.714% 0.096757 0.2805317
552 Posts
Jason Else posted this 24 September 2012 (Sep 24, 2012 5:50 PM).

Would agree on AAPL. I bought a decent position at the end of June and added into results at the end of July. Was a case of buy the rumour, sell the news on the iphone 5, and I took profits in the run up to the announcement. The iphone 5 is just part of the upgrade cycle, the AAPL mania is still there and the products will get bought. Rinse and repeat. iphone 5x or iphone 6 will be a game changer, they are holding back innovation for the next model (i.e biometrics reader etc). I am looking to get back in when the froth has blown off.
0 Posts
posted this 24 September 2012 (Sep 24, 2012 2:13 PM).

thoughts on AAPL here? from my side, it looks to me that they are at the peak in their product cycle. the iphone 5 is not much of an improvement on the previous versions, there is no game changer here. indeed, all the smart kids are on samsung/android and many are awaiting the windows 8 phone as the next big thing. dont see where the long term gorwth is coming from on this one, the others seem ripe now to grab some mkt share the stock is down -2.5% pre-open on disappointing sales numbers. i think we see some weakness in line with the general market over october and a strong run into year end (Q4 results) as there is strong inertia in this stock as it enters its parabolic stage. talk of AAPL entering the dow will probably we the final nail in the coffin.
23 Posts
pete smith posted this 20 August 2012 (Aug 20, 2012 5:52 PM).

Thank you all re aapl When does one sell aapl?     Also to those who see this on my post buy wnd on the tsx

You have to be signed in to post in the forums.

Click here to sign in.

Haven't got an account yet? Click here to register - it's FREE!